Trustee Fundraiser at the PKD Charity
Are you interested in joining the PKD Charity Trustee board to help us with fundraising?
The PKD Charity is at a transition stage in its evolution. This new trustee role will be instrumental in helping us achieve the significant increase in income needed to deliver our ambitious aims and services to our beneficiaries.
This is a chance to make a real difference to the lives of people affected by polycystic kidney disease, and work with a small, committed team across the UK.
JOB DESCRIPTION - FUNDRAISING TRUSTEE
Overall purpose of role
- You will be responsible for developing the fundraising strategy for the charity and leading the new fundraising sub-committee.
- Developing and agreeing a fundraising strategy and plan.
- Working with senior fundraising staff to ensure the plan is implemented.
- Encouraging an entrepreneurial fundraising culture.
- Supporting the fundraising team in their work.
- Being an active champion of the organisation.
Essential experience and skills
- Fundraising/income-generation experience.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, fundraising regulations, Charity Commission and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Knowledge of healthcare/medical research charity sector.
- Willingness to be available to staff and trustees for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis via email and telephone.
The time commitment from the Treasurer is at the individual’s discretion, bearing in mind the following:
- 2 to 3 face to face trustee meetings a year.
- 7 to 8 monthly phone conference meetings.
- Occasional meetings with CEO.
All PKD Charity trustees are encouraged and supported to take advantage of relevant training and development opportunities.
This role is voluntary and unpaid, however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Charity’s policies.